- Once a student has been accepted by Hanson High School and paid all tuition fees in full, there will be no refund. However, a student may be eligible for a refund under the following circumstances:
a) When a student is unable to obtain a valid student visa to enter Canada, the said student will receive a full refund of tuition fees. The Registration Fee ($200) is not refundable.
b) If a student has lost his or her learning and financial capability as a result of severe injury or the death of the student or of the principal sponsor and will consequently be unable to attend school, a student may be eligible for a tuition refund. To be eligible for a refund, the student or the principal sponsor must provide Hanson International Academy the following:
i. Proof of a notarized certificate issued by a Coroner’s Office; or
ii. A certified letter of health status from a municipal public hospital recognized by the government of the student’s home country.
- In order to be eligible for a refund, the student must provide the following documents:
a) A letter in writing requesting a refund, signed by the student;
b) Completed Request for Refund form, available at Student Services;
c) Proof of a visa rejection issued by the Canadian Embassy or High Commission; and
d) All original documents including all receipts issued by the school.
- If a student is granted a student visa and decides not to study at our school, there will be no tuition refunds under any conditions.
- There will be no refund under any circumstances if the student’s visa application is refused, and he/she does not apply for a refund within 8 months from the date when the student received refusal letter.
- Currently registered students whose application for a renewal or an extension of a study permit and/or temporary resident visa has been declined for any personal reasons, such as unsatisfactory academic performance, poor attendance, serious violation of the school rules and regulations, and/or whose study permit is revoked by IRCC will not be entitled to any refund.
- Currently registered students who withdraw from a Hanson High School program for any reason other than those listed in clause 1 will not be entitled to a refund of any fees.
- If a currently registered student withdraws from a Hanson High School course (also known as a ‘drop’) 1 week after the registration date, the tuition of the course(s) dropped will not be transferrable.